Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mojo Monday #356 "Tall and Skinny" Card Sketch

Hello everyone,
I had to make sure I find some spate time to enter this challenge...So this is really a last minute entry.
Here is the Challenge Sketch:


And this is my response:


I decided to make an elegant wedding card for this challenge.


I did some fussy cutting. I found this banner on paper from wedding stack cardstock and decided to use it for this card...


Instead of the flower in the sketch I added this triple loop elegant bow embellished with jumbo crystal.


One more look at the card from the side...unfortunately card needs to be leaned against something to stand upright...the frame I used is very heavy...it is actually one of those mini picture frames from Michael's...

I like the elegant feel of this card and am very pleased how it turned out (even though it can't stand :( )

I hope you enjoyed this post...
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

08/08/2014 UPDATE!
I spruced up the card, made a keepsake box for it and posted it in my Etsy Shoppe.


I even fixed the problem of the card not being able to stand :)
I added a piece of cardstock to the other side of the card front and left it longer than the card, scored bottom at 1" and folded it to make it like a stand...it worked like a charm.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day...
Samra

4 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful! Love the banner and the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for your comment and for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wedding card! Perfect take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, thank you so much for your comment and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete