Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cardabilities Sketch #105

Hello everyone,

I have found this blog thanks to super talented card maker Pamellia and have decided to join the fun! :)
Here is the challenge sketch from Cardabilities #105:


And this is my response:


I used light grey cardstock as my first layer, then I mounted dark purplish grey cardstock on top of it with thick foam adhesive. Both layers were distressed and covered with gesso. I wish I had seen tutorial by Aneta sooner. I am still learning alot and trying to improve my techniques...


I used snowflakes and delicate branches for this Christmas card, hopefully it will not be considered going too far away from the sketch that required flowers and leaves. I covered snowflakes with different types of glitter and arranged them to mimic the sketch.


I created the sentiment on my PC and printed it onto white cardstock. I created banner with light grey cardstock distressed with white distress paint and sprinkled glitter on white layer of the banner.


Here is one more look at the card where you can see all the layers...

I hope you enjoyed this post. I know I had fun making this card. :)
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...

Samra

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Samra, this is gorgeous!! I love all your shabby layers and the purple is really striking as a background! I love how you used the Gesso to highlight the texture on the paper and your glittery snowflakes are just fab! I think the little pearls placed here and there look like snow...such a great idea! I really love it!

    Thank you so much for the shout out! Your are super sweet! See you around the next crafty corner! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your compliments and shout out is well deserved. I placed a link to your blog, so that visitors can check out your fabulous work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Absolutely love it! Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for your comment and for stopping by. :) It has been my pleasure to join such a fun blog, I am glad that I found it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Absolutely love the delicate branch at the top. I think your technique is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for kind words and for stopping by. It makes my day to see comments like this! :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely card, beautiful snowflake. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Cardabilities

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so very much for stopping by and leaving a comment! It always makes me happy to hear from visitors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and snowflake ...brrrr
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your comment and for stopping by. It makes me happy to know that people like my work. :)

      Delete
  9. Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for playing with us on Cardabilities. Henryka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your comment and for stopping by. It makes me happy to know that others like my work. :)

      Delete