Sunday, August 31, 2014

With love...bright and fun card

Hello everyone,
This is the second post of the day! It has been quite productive day for me :)
I created this bright and fun card for two challenges: Cardabilities Sketch #106 and Scrap Club Kiev Quest #64: Continuous positive


I used bright yellow cardstock for my first layer, then yellow/white chevron pattern cardstock for my second layer. Double layer banner was created with dark blue and blue/white striped cardstock with rolled up tips for a little bit of a rustic look...

I cut out 7 hearts and embossed them with clear embossing powder to give them that nice shiny look. I layered the hearts using various thickness foam adhesives to give it extra dimensional look. You can see layer upon layer of shiny red hearts :)


Bow was made with baker's twine in red, blue, yellow and white.


I created the sentiment on my PC and printed it on white cardstock. I then rolled it and folded it a little bit for a rustic look.


One more look at the finished card...
And here are Cardabilities Sketch #106

and Scrap Club Kiev Quest#64 inspiration photo:

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a great rest of the day and thank you so very much for stopping by...

Samra

8 comments:

  1. What a great CAS card Samra! Love the fun summery colours and you have managed to add tons of interest while still keeping it crisp and clean! Love your twine too, the perfect touch! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pamellia! It always makes my day to hear from you! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  2. AWESOME interpretation of the map! Fantastic job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for your comment! You have no idea how much it means to me to read a comment like this! Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, great interpretation of Cardabilities sketch :) Thank you for joining us on Cardabilities. Henryka DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Henryka! It is my pleasure to play at Cardabilities. :)

      Delete
  4. Samra, your card is amazing
    It*s really american style
    Thanks from Scrap Club Kiev

    ReplyDelete