Monday, March 16, 2015

City Crafter Challenge #253

Hello everyone,
are you ready for another fabulous challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog???
Kirsty is our host this week and she picked this gorgeous mood board as our challenge inspiration:



You can pick anything that inspire you from this gorgeous board and create a project. :)

Here is what I made as a part of inspiration for you:


I used different patterned papers in color palette from the moodboard to create this shabby chic nautical themed card.


I found alot of inspiration in the starfish from the inspiration photo and incorporated them into my cluster of ribbon, twine, charms and seashells...


I used alot of gesso to cover the paper as well as metal charms, placed some pearls here and there and distressed edges of most of the papers in this nautical collage...


One more look at the finished card...

Darnell is our fabulous guest designer for the month of March, please make sure you stop by her wonderful blog and check out her amazing work. :)

Also please take a look at my teammies' gorgeous creations:



and


I hope you enjoyed this post...
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

25 comments:

  1. Your creation is simply fantastic, Samra! You really captured the essence of the photo inspiration with your brilliant starfish masterpiece!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samra you nailed the colors; this is a gorgoeus take on our theme. I love everything about the beach and your card has so many lovely details. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Samra this card is so beautiful! So many amazing details and fabulous colors! I can feel the summer! Awesome, my friend!
    Big hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your interpretation of the mood board Samra! You picked out all of my favourites things, the starfish, the gorgeous colours and the wonderful shabby feel! Love your authentic starfish, wow! A really stunning project, I suddenly want to be on a beach somewhere with a pina colada! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I am glad to make you think about beach in freezing Toronto:)

      Delete
  5. I love your shabby chic take on the challenge ... beautiful, soft, nautical ... what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layers and pretty patterned papers! Perfect creation for that inspiration board!
    I can't wait to meet you in person this Friday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Samra and what a refreshing change of colours for a Nautical card, beautiful.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You nailed this! Gorgeous colors on your shabby nautical masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card love the selection of papers and images and fabulous embellishments-the gesso looks great when I try it just looks like it was an accident lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny Carol:) thank you for the praise!

      Delete
  10. So very pretty Samra! Love the collaged sea themed background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone create a nautical beach theme with as much class and shabby chic appeal. This card is absolutely dainty, wonderful, and gorgeous!! I love all your chosen elements and you've truly captured the essence of the mood board. Nicely done and so very inspiring!
    Hugs to you Samra,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your totally nailed the inspiration image, fabulous take !

    ReplyDelete