Monday, May 4, 2015

City Crafter Challenge #260

Hello eveyone,

It is time for a brand new challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog :) and I am a host this week :)
I chose this moodboard as our inspiraion :

  



Anything from it can be used as inspiration; from colors to flowers or suitcases, the choice is yours.

And here is what i created:


As you can probably tell, I was inspired by spiral staircase and that gorgeous dress train hanging from the top as well as vintage picture frames from this moodboard...


I used a piece of metal ribbon to create the spiral staircase railing and then added hand died seam binding ribbon to create the dress train...


I stamped the sentiment on a piece of cardstock covered with texture paste and then framed everything into this small picture frame...


All elements are placed onto a piece of cardboard that was covered with scrunched up tissue, gesso and distress paint. It almost seems like a canvas. :)


I made this card for a really dear blogland friend Georgie. She already got it and liked it alot :)

The Guest Designer this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog is Penny Ward She makes amazing cards!!! Please check out her blog, you'll be in for a great treat!!

Also please stop by my Design Teammies at City Crafter to check out their fabulous makes :)

I hope you enjoyed this post...
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...

35 comments:

  1. How elegant & classy!! Such a beautiful card! You make me smile with all your cards! Stunning, Samra! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you so much Suchi!!! Your work is amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Wooow, Samra, this card is my new favorite! What a rich blue color! The card base really looks like a canvas! Genius idea with that metal ribbon! I love your fabulous frame! Stunning, my friend! Lucky Georgie :)
    Big hugs :)
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card the seam binding and ribbon both look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and rich looking ... I can definitely see that staircase and dress ... Brilliant Samra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word...too much loveliness on one piece of art. The ribbon and twisted metal for the staircase is just genius!!! This should be hanging on the wall in your friends home!!! hugs, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much Penny :) I am so glad that you like my card :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Samra. That frame is gorgeous and I love the flowing ribbon with the bling, what a gorgeous colour!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samra your take on this moodboard is a jaw dropper. I love that aqua color and paired up with metal it loks fabulous. I can see the dress in your use of seam binding!Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe I really LOVE this!! But I am very biased right now!!! I am beaming as I type this because it's in my home on my mantle piece and seeing this first hand, instead of through photos is just beyond amazing. I can actually feel the texture instead of drooling over your photos. I love the fact that I have a Samra original piece of art :)
    Big Squidgy Hug
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Georgie :) I am so happy you like it :)

      Delete
  9. That is just gorgeous Samra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do I keep missing your posts dear friend? This card/canvas :) is stunning and drop dead gorgeous! I bet Gee danced when she got it. The colors are breathtaking and the metal spiral made my heart sing! Superb-a-tastic! (New word just for you) Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! I get a new word just for me!!! Thank you so much cupcake!!!

      Delete
  11. What a creative design - love the blue and pretty frame!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely creative with the metal frame and metal spiral with the gorgeous ribbon wrapped around it...stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really beautiful great take on the mood board love the gorgeous seam binding and vibrant colour
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol:) I truly appreciate you always stopping by to leave me such sweet comments :)

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous! blue and that metallic frame looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just amazing! Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Greta :) Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  16. Beautiful Samra! So elegant and glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete