Sunday, November 23, 2014

Shabby Chic Thank You Tag

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I made a tag:


One of the fabulous challenges asked to make a tag, and since I wanted to make sure I entered that challenge, I made this thank you tag. I cut out the tag using the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cartridge. I actually cut two pieces: the base was just white super heavy card stock and the layer was wood pattern scrapbooking paper which I inked on the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink. I added a doily, a burlap ribbon embellished with white lace and another piece of white embroidered ribbon underneath the burlap.


The shabby bow was made with white seam binding ribbon tied with burgundy and orange twine. I made the flowers from variety of colored cardstock and sprayed rustic gold mist on some...


The sentiment was created on my PC using the font called Angelic War and then die cut using Spellbinders Fancy Tags die. I placed that die cut on another fancy tag die cut and intertwined them. Both fancy tags were embellished with bright gold liquid pearls.


Couple more different angle shots of the tag...

I am entering this tag into following challenges:

Artisant Challenge I used the challenge sketch, but not the color pallete


The Shabby Tea Room Challenge Week #240 "Grateful" with this gorgeous inspirational photo

and

The Sisterhood of Crafters "Thank-ful" Challenge

I hope you enjoyed this post.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

11/25/2014 UPDATE:
With great pride and joy I announce my win at The Sisterhood of Crafters at their Thank-ful Challenge! I am so honored and happy that they chose my tag over so many stunning entries. Thank you ladies! I proudly displayed my Top Sister Badge on the sidebar :)
12/1/2014 UPDATE:
I am thrilled to announce that my tag also won the Artisant random drawing challenge as we as The Shabby Tea Room Challenge Grageful! Thank you all!

21 comments:

  1. WOW! What a beautiful tag! Looks like you need to make more ... this is GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s THANK’ful’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Darlene, I am THANKful that you stopped by and left me such a sweet comment! I love playing at The Sisterhood, so there is no doubt I will be back :) Hugs :) Samra

      Delete
  2. I can't believe this is your first ever tag. You totally nailed it. It looks spectacular!!! Lots of beautiful details and I just love those flowers you made. Gorgeous!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maja! Yes, believe it or not, this is the first tag I have ever made...I just followed the sketch pretty much. The reason I don't really make tags is because I put too much work into my creations and that tag would end up in garbage right after the present was opened....Thank you so much for all the praise my darling!

      Delete
    2. I know exactly what you mean. I'm not making (m)any tags for the same reason. However, whoever throws this in the garbage is nuts. This one whould be put in display, not in the trash bin.
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love making tags, and your tag is STUNNING!!! Thank you or joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Grateful" challenge!!
    Diane TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you Diane :) I am glad you like my tag. I love playing at The Shabby Tea Room :)

      Delete
  4. So pretty ... layers of beautifulness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ros :) I am glad you like my card :)

      Delete
  5. Samra I do not know were to began :) Congrats on you first tag ! You are just born to make tags girl because this one is simply stunning :) I just love how you used my sketch to make this one! Thank you for playing along and good luck Samra :) xoxo Aneta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Aneta, thank you so very much for your praise! I am sooo glad you like my tag, but it is all thanks to your beautiful sketch that I was able to create it. :) Thank you so much for all the tutorials and such great inspiration! Hugs :) Samra

      Delete
  6. So stunning! Oh my ... just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing this little beauty with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Debbie! I am so happy that you like the tag I made for this challenge :)

      Delete
  7. Absolutely Stunning Samra!! Love all the pretty layers, what a gorgeous tag! Thanks for sharing it with us in The Shabby Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracey :) I am glad that you like my tag. Thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment. Your visits always brighten my day :) Hugs :) Samra

      Delete
  8. OMG! I had an entire comment written out for you here and blogger wouldn't accept it and it got lost. Good grief I hate technology!

    All I can say is how much I love this tag! You have done such an excellent job for your first time! I completely agree with you, they are too much work to just get tossed aside, I don't make tags much either. The wood background is amazing, love the flowers, the lace, the burlap and all the gorgeous pearl drops! Absolutely stunning!

    Congratulations on your win too! So well deserved my crafty friend! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Pamellia! I was very pleased with how this tag turned out and was very proud of myself :) since it was my first tag...

      Delete
  9. Beautiful tag! I love it so much!

    Clara XXX...

    ReplyDelete