Monday, October 13, 2014

Vintage Shabby Chic Pink "Hope" Card

Hello everyone,

I created a card that is dedicated to Breast Cancer awareness. Unfortunately, there have been way too many wonderful women that did not win the fight against this horrible disease, some were very close to me and my family...
Let's keep on fighting and cherish our family and friends along the way...

Here is my card:


I was inspired by the design of a card by a super talented young lady Pamellia Johnson. You can take a look at her beautiful work here

I used brayer to apply some Antique Linen ink onto debossed side of damask embossing folder, then I ran beige color heavy cardstock through Cuttlebug which gave the cardstock antique look. I sponged raised parts of embossed surface with Spun Sugar Ink and added here and there clear crackle paint and I sparingly heat embossed this piece with snow embossing powder. I distressed the edges quite a bit since I wanted the card to look very shabby and chic. :) Base layer of the card is light pink cardstock piece with distressed edges.


The sentiment was created using Cricut Sophisticated Cartridge font. I sponged top layer with Spun Sugar Ink and then applied Clear Crackle Paint. The bottom part was sponged with Antique Linen Ink. I then attached the letters to a piece of cardstock that was treated with home made pink texture paste using Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil. While texture paste was still wet I sprinkled some Martha Stewart coarse crystals on it. I learned this technique from Pamellia


I used pink spray ink to die a piece of white seam binding ribbon. This bow has many, many loops. I stopped counting after 4 :) I decorated the bow with a handmade flower and I topped the flower with beautiful vintage metal flower embellishment.


A better look at the key embellishment from this angle...


Couple more angle shots of the card, so that you can see how dimensional this card really is...

I am entering this card into following challenges:

Crafty Cardmaker and More..#125 It's Only Words

Fab'n'Funky Challenge #232 Anything with Ribbon

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #124 "Lot's of Pink or Breast Cancer"

The Mixed Media Challenge #4 "Vintage"

and

The Sisterhood of Crafters Think Pink! Challenge

I hope you enjoyed this post...it would make me very happy to hear from you :)
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

24 comments:

  1. WOW, this is so pretty. Wonderful texture & detail and love the beautiful ribbon.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Pat :) I wanted to make sure the ribbon is worth the mention :) Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave me such a nice comment. Hugs :) Samra

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous way to express your passion that the fight against breast cancer must continue. Your card beautifully shares the message. Your bow is stunning with the many layers.
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Mixed Media Card Challenge!...Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan! I appreciate you taking time to leave me such a nice comment! I am glad you like the bow I made :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, love your flower and ribbon detail...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, thank you for stopping by and taking time to leave me a comment :)

      Delete
  4. OH WOW!!!!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! So elegant and very pretty!! I know my fellow DT member Darlene will love this one!

    Thanks for sharing it with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa :) I am glad you like my card :) Happy Crafting to you too!

      Delete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Samra! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK PINK’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Darlene! I plan on playing some more at The Sisterhood :)

      Delete
  6. Samra, your card is just beautiful! I love every little detail on it!
    Thanks for haring it at The Sisterhood Of Crafters in our THINK PINK challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a gorgeous card! Love all the pretty pink and for such a great cause! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona! What an honor to have you stop by my blog!

      Delete
  8. My patience has run out, I have things to say to you!! My dear Samra, I think I fell off my chair when I saw this card! I appreciate you trying to give me credit, but quite honestly, you took a small idea that I had, and you made it GRAND! Your work with the texture paste is amazing! The design has definition and depth, it's strong, but doesn't steal the show...honestly Samra...that's all you! There's not a single thing about this card that I don't absolutely love. Your ability to balance texture and softness is just incredible! You have a wonderful sense of style and it shows in every inch of your design here. I adore the way you placed the shabby pink bow with it's outstretched arms, almost as if to give HOPE a great big hug. This is by far, my favourite design of yours. I hope you never give up trying new things. You are a talented lady, I feel blessed to have found you!

    PS,I'm so glad you played along with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our 'It’s Only Words' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Pamellia! I am so humbled by your kind words and all the praise. You have no idea how much I needed a ray of sunshine today! I am having a very tough day at work and this comment brought tears of joy instead of all the other tears today. Thank you so much! You made my day! Big hugs:) Samra

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! It looks like an iced confection - so very pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Josephine for stopping by and taking time to leave me such a nice comment :)

      Delete
  10. So so pretty n pink.....stunning! Every detail is perfect, another work of art that I adore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! You made my day! Always good to hear from you!

      Delete
  11. WOW Samra, this is just stunning, a true work of art.
    Thank you for entering our Only Words challenge at CCM&More. Good Luck.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! You sure did make me blush with your comment :) It means so much to me to read comment like yours! Thank you for stopping by and taking time to praise my work :)

      Delete