Friday, September 12, 2014

Get Well Soon Shabby Card

Hello everyone,

I made a card that I am going to send to my coworker Carolyn who had a knee surgery and is recovering at home.


I used the sketch from Mojo Monday Challenge #362


Color palette and bird theme from The Shabby Tea Room Week #235 "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"


And Butterfly inspiration from City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #228 "Butterflies"



After I cut out the cage, I painted it with Tim Holtz Picket Fence Crackle Paint and Clear Crackle Paint to give it that rustic look. I used three different inks to color the bird to mimic the color of the little birdie from The Shabby Tea Room Challenge inspiration photo.


I also added this fancy bird as an embellishment to a shabby beige triple bow.


All the flowers on this card are handmade by me. I embellished some with pink crystals and some with variety of flower stamens.


I created this sentiment using alphabet stamp set. The 3 white butterflies on this card are embellished each with different color set of adhesive pearls.


One more look at the card...

I hope you enjoyed this post. I am pretty sure Carolyn will love her card...
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by...
Samra

UPDATE! 09/15/2014
This card of mine won The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #235 YAY!!!

17 comments:

  1. Your friend will absolutely love her gorgeous card! Every little detail is beautiful.......I love your hand made flowers, its stunning Samra! Happy weekend to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww Tracey, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving the comment! I truly appreciate you! I know Carolyn will love the card. She won't really know about it, until she gets it in the mail...it is kinda sad that none of my friends support me on my blog, they are not members nor do they read my blog. Oh well, that does not stop ME from having fun and making new crafty friends from all over the world in the process. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Samra!! I mean WOW! Your are one talented lady! This is such a gorgeous creation, I can't stop looking at it! The texture on your cage is amazing and your detailing on the bird is a perfect match to the photo! Your flowers are gorgeous and the flourish bird is such a great topper!!

    How did you do the wood plank texture in the background???

    I'm so happy you joined us at City Crafter for our Butterflies Challenge!
    Big bear hugs, Pamellia GDT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pamellia for all your compliments and I love to play at City Crafter Challenge Blog, it is fun and I found it thank to you! So one BIG thank you :)
      Wood texture is actually just paper from My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose stack. I found it in Hobby Lobby. I am not crafty enough to create beautiful backgrounds, but I am learning alot from your projects, just need to get supplies and courage to try :)Thank you my crafty friend! I saw your beautiful creation the other day on your blog, just did not have time to leave my comment, so let me do that now :)

      Delete
    2. I think you underestimate your abilities. Your work is outstanding, I cannot wait to see the wondrous creations you will make once you get your hands on some products! Thank you for your lovely comments, you always make me smile, no matter how my day is going! Have a wonderful weekend my crafty friend! big bear hugs :)

      Delete
  3. Oh so pretty, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsty! Always a pleasure to join the challenges at CCCB! :)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful card!! Your flowers are stunning!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous card! Beautiful colors and amazing handmade additives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Thank you so very much for stopping by and leaving this spirit lifting comment! Hugs :)

      Delete
  6. Woo Hoo.....I new you would win, such a beautiful card......Congratulations Samra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracey you are so wonderfully kind! Thank you so very much!

      Delete
  7. This is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene! I appreciate you taking time to stop by and also leave a comment :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Samra!! Thank you for your visit to my blog today! Guess what, you were my 1000th comment! I have a special surprise for you. Can you please email me when you get a chance. Thank you so much for always leaving such wonderful comments! You surely do brighten my days! big hugs :) pamellia1162@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete